Marketing & Communications Director
Location:New Hampton, Iowa
Required Education and Experience:Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field preferred
Job Requirements:The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for developing and maintaining various forms of internal and external communications for the company. This includes, but is not limited to creating brochures, flyers, business cards, announcements, etc. This position is responsible for developing and strengthening the brand and image of Five Star Cooperative through various marketing and communications media. Incumbent will build a brand identity and online presence through the creation and dissemination of multimedia content.
The incumbent will develop content strategies, grow an online community and track that community’s growth, and assist sales initiatives through marketing and communications. This position will work with all Five Star Cooperative departments, supporting teams, and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget. Will be responsible for maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels and measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
This position will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the cooperative, upholding a favorable image of Five Star Cooperative at all times.
- Serves as an in-house designer; assists with designing, researching, writing, and proofreading of marketing and public information pieces including brochures, newsletters, flyers, postcards, etc. Coordinates printing processes with printer(s) to meet deadlines established for printed items
- Plans and executes all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Designs, builds, and maintains social media presence
- Identifies trends and insights, and optimizes spend and performance based on insights
- Maintains the cooperative’s website: Designs new pages and updates information as needed. Monitors visitor traffic on website to provide data to analyze
- Works with employees and customers to implement and promote e-newsletters, grain bid communication, customer and employee emails, social media communications, etc. Helps departments learn how they may be able to utilize this type of communication to better promote the company
- Take and collect pictures of employees, customers, locations, etc. for use with designed material
- Trains others how to assist with updating company website and printed pieces
- Develop opportunities and add value to all departments of Five Star on how to market and communicate to promote company image and sales. Meets with sales personnel to determine how to assist with sales efforts