Feed Truck Driver - Klemme
Reports to:Feed Operations Supervisor
Required Education and Experience:Class A CDL, Medical Certificate
Job Requirements:Incumbent drives a semi tractor-trailer combination or a truck to transport and deliver goods, livestock, or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form. Required to load truck and assist others with loading truck. Required to unload truck. Incumbent will complete all duties in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
Other responsibilities include all activities consistent with the corporate objectives, purpose, and mission of the company. Employee will assist other departments as needed and will have other duties as assigned by management
This position will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the department, as well as within the cooperative and upholds a favorable image of Five Star Cooperative at all times.
- Drives trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, in order to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks
- Follow appropriate safety procedures when transporting dangerous goods
- Performs pre-trip inspections of vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintains logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable company, state, and federal regulations
- Obtains receipts or signatures when loads are delivered, and collects payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Secures cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains, binders, and /or covers.
- Reads bills of lading to determine assignment detail
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicle.
- Readers and interprets maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
- Collects delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifies instructions and routes.
- Operates equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors or other drivers.
- Checks condition of trailers after content has been unloaded to ensure there is no damage
- Cranks trailer landing gear up or down to safety secure vehicles.
- Enforce and abide by all cooperative policies
- Maintain quality control above the standards set by Five Star
- Exhibits integrity and professional attitude
Contact InformationAmanda Dowd
Human Resources Director