Shop Supervisor - Mason City
Location:Mason City, Iowa
Reports to:Fleet manager
Required Education and Experience:Class A CDL, Medical Certificate
Job Requirements:The Five Star Cooperative Shop Supervisor position duties will plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise the operations of a single facility responsible for maintenance and repair of all Five Star Cooperative owned equipment including gas, diesel, and alternative-fuel vehicles, light and heavy trucks, and other heavy equipment. This position also requires superior communication skills by an individual who is able to diagnose, schedule, and complete tasks in a timely manner. This individual will perform a variety of maintenance duties consistent with the operation of a heavy equipment shop.
Incumbent will perform duties in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s efficiency to achieve Five Star’s mission while upholding our values. This position will maintain a safe and clean environment and maintain elevator equipment.
This position will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the cooperative and always upholds a favorable image of Five Star Cooperative.
- Create and distribute daily work assignments/schedule, review daily work for employees and contractors.
- Makes recommendations for changes in staffing as necessary to meet demands of workload; assists with interviewing applicants and makes recommendations for hire. Assesses training needs, develops training programs, and trains new and existing staff in various aspects of fleet operations, repair, and maintenance, as well as supervise shop employees to carry out assigned responsibilities. Assist with individual performance reviews in a manner that shows clarity, support and communication.
- Perform preventative maintenance services as well as general mechanics; i.e.: replace brakes, perform wheel changes, electrical, and respond to service calls.
- Complete all appropriate papers on maintenance and repairs as well as be able to maintain records according to company service department standards, including but not limited to work orders and inspection forms.
- Serves as primary contact for employees who deliver vehicles or equipment to the facility for service or repair; confers with drivers to understand problems and make diagnoses. Must schedule all work to be done in the Shop as well as repairs done by outside sources.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the Logistics Manager, Fleet Manager, COO, Department Managers, and Operations Managers; must be made aware of what is going in and out of the shop, especially any major repairs and outsourcing of work.
- This individual will schedule all tire repairs through outside tire service facilities and communicate with appropriate Area, Department, and Truck Logistics manager all new tire replacement on trucks and trailers.
- Must maintain a sufficient inventory of parts on hand to ensure timely repairs, while being mindful of budget and necessity.
- Adheres to, implements, and enforces Five Star’s safety standards, policies, practices, and procedures in order to comply with laws and regulations and minimize accidents and injuries.
- Perform other related duties within job scope as assigned by Fleet Manager.
Contact InformationHuman Resources