Country Store Manager
Location:New Hampton, Iowa
Required Education and Experience:High School Diploma required; post High School training at the college or vocational level preferred
Job Requirements:This position is responsible for the management of all aspects of Five Star Cooperative’s retail store and merchandising activities. Responsibilities include identifying customer needs, building relationships to drive customer loyalty, and achieving financial goals. This individual will be a resource for customers to come to for merchandise information. Responsible for supervising all employees of the country store to achieve the objectives needed. This individual is responsible for inventory control of all products/commodities for proper quantity and quality. Builds a store environment that effectively serves our customers and maintains a strong employee team.
This position will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the agronomy department, as well as within the cooperative and always upholds a favorable image of Five Star Cooperative.
- Attract, hire, develop, retain a strong retail team.
- Set clear goals and expectations for retail team.
- Maintain a safe and friendly environment for customers and employees.
- Executes store operational objectives by scheduling and assigning employees, assisting when needed.
- Manages all store personnel, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, training, coaching, and rewarding employees (within company guidelines).
- Communicates sales goals to team weekly.
- Markets products through all sales channels.
- Develops and markets new sales items weekly.
- Maintains good working relationships with customers and employees.
- Actively works to acquire new customers’ business and maintain existing customer base.
- Works with other Five Star locations on their retail product needs.
- Promotes the co-op by maintaining a positive image and attitude; is always friendly, courteous, and helpful.
- Maintains a clean, neat, well maintained store appearance both inside and out.
- Maintenance and repair of all facilities, equipment, and vehicles. Assures operation of equipment is done safely and, in a manner, to assure equipment/vehicles is operated under ideal conditions (not recklessly).
- Exhibits integrity and professional attitude.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge to serve customers and team.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts and maintaining inventories.
- Maintains control of all inventory products/commodities both in quantity and quality.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determines additional needed sales promotions, authorizes clearance sales, studies trends.
- Follows regulatory guidelines for all areas.
- Continually upgrades training by learning on the job, attending schools, seminars, and/or by reading product and industry information.
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director