Location:New Hampton, Iowa
Required Education and Experience:Valid Driver's License Required Class A CDL preferred
Job Requirements:The Agronomy Director is responsible for business and financial results of the Agronomy department within Five Star’s geographic area. Incumbent’s responsibilities include directing, promoting, and coordinating agronomy operations in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperatives efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
The Agronomy Director’s responsibilities involve supervision of sales agronomists, marketing, profitability and sales, reporting, purchasing, resale pricing, inventory, service, and other duties as assigned by the CEO. Incumbent will establish and communicate department goals and results to the sales team, staff’s the department and delegates the workload amongst team members and supports team member growth.
This position will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the agronomy department, as well as within the cooperative and upholds a favorable image of Five Star Cooperative at all times.
- Establishes department goals with assistance from the CEO
- Conducts department planning and updating meetings with the CEO and CFO
- Develops and implements agronomy departments marketing plans, objective, and policies consistent with the goals and objectives of the company
- Directs and supervises all efforts of the sales team and develops customer marketing programs
- Assigns team member responsibilities and maintains job descriptions, develops performance standards, completes and administers bi-annual and annual (or more often) performance reviews for team members, plans and provides opportunities for advancement, training, and development.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures for various activities related to the company’s assigned activities, such as: contracting, pricing, risk management, marketing, logistics, etc.
- Aid’s in developing programs to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s agronomy presence
- Promotes company communication efforts at all levels regarding agronomy market intelligence, policies, procedures, and agronomy department direction as it relates to the assigned market
- Communicates the strategic direction and needs of the company to the vendors, the industry, and the employees
- Applies sound business principles in the management of the department
- Develops annual and long-term strategic and operational plans for the Agronomy department
- Assures other divisions understand the business plan of the department and that efforts with other departments are not in conflict
- Responsible for product purchasing and establishing product margins that meets the financial goals of the cooperative (including understanding the distributor CPP programs)
- Assures that the agronomy division team members understand company-wide objectives and how the agronomy department supports company goals
- Assures the cooperative is a leader in agronomic recommendations and creates superior value to its customers
- Recommends fixed asset purchases to the CEO consistent with equipment replacement schedules or business conditions
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager