Agronomy Administrative/Operations Assistant - New Hampton
Location:New Hampton, Iowa
Required Education and Experience:High School Diploma required; post High School training at the college or vocational level preferred
Job Requirements:The Agronomy Administrative and Operations Assistant position will initiate, coordinate, and execute administrative support to staff and customers at reporting location and all other Five Star Cooperative locations. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing customer service and maintaining detailed recordkeeping including work orders and rebates, payments, contracts, billing, and other required reporting. Incumbent will be responsible for assisting the sales team with record keeping and working with farm plans in Five Star’s computer software. Incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the financing programs; including working with sellers, growers, and financing programs. Responsible for the promotion and sales of services and merchandise across all departments.
Incumbent will assist with the general daily operations in the agronomy department, including operating load outs. This position will also be responsible for assisting with inventory control of seed, chemicals, and fertilizer; creating work orders; working with ag producers; and assisting customers when they pick up products. Incumbent may have other duties as assigned by management.
- Assists with operations, helps with distribution of seed, fertilizer, and CPP products to growers
- Assists with billing, contracts, and recordkeeping for Agronomy department
- Assists sellers is sales record keeping, including but not limited to rebates and work orders
- Performs crop scouting duties, including but not limited to soil sampling, tissue sampling, crop stand evaluation, weed identification, disease identification, test plot maintenance, and variety sign placement.
- Works directly with customers, developing excellent customer relations
- Assists with additional recordkeeping and filing for various departments
- Becomes familiar with financing companies and their programs – communicates this information clearly with sellers and growers
- Assist with financing programs, makes sure all transactions meet program requirements
- Compiles information for financing audits – supplies reports to Agronomy Manager, CFO, or Board of Directors
- Assists with keeping sellers and agronomy staff informed of program dates and general financing information.
- Is readily available to communicate grower term limits and explains financing guidelines.
- Assists with providing complete grower transaction information to accounting department and corresponding locations administrative staff.
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager